Trial Search Results
Effectiveness of Family-Based Versus Individual Psychotherapy in Treating Adolescents With Anorexia Nervosa
This study will compare the effectiveness of family-based therapy versus individual psychotherapy for the treatment of adolescent anorexia nervosa.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
Collaborator: National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- Behavioral: Family Based Therapy
- Behavioral: Ego-Oriented Individual Psychotherapy
- Meets DSM-IV criteria for anorexia nervosa
- Lives with at least one parent who is willing to participate
- Medically stable
- Adequate transportation to clinic
- Proficient at speaking, reading, and writing English
- Currently undergoing treatment or taking medication that may affect eating or weight
Ages Eligible for Study
12 Years - 18 Years
Genders Eligible for Study