Trial Search Results
Cyberknife Radiosurgery for Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer
The purpose of the trial is to test the efficacy of combining conventional chemoradiotherapy with radiosurgery for locally advanced pancreas cancer.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Device: Stereotactic Radiosurgery (Cyberknife)
Inclusion Criteria:- Pancreatic tumors not to exceed 7.5 cm.
- Histologically confirmed malignancies of the pancreas, (ampulla of Vater or
periampullary duodenum, tumors may be included when the head of pancreas is
secondarily involved and unresectable criteria are met).
- Unresectable by CT criteria or unresectable at exploratory laparotomy or laparoscopy.
CT criteria for unresectability include encasement of the superior mesenteric vein
(SMV), portal vein (PV) or invasion of the celiac artery or superior mesenteric artery
- Patients with metastatic disease may be treated if they are symptomatic from the
- Eastern Clinical Oncology Group performance status 0, 1 or 2.
Exclusion Criteria:Chemotherapy within 1 month of registration.
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - 90 Years
Genders Eligible for Study