Trial Search Results
A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Comparative Study to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability, and Efficacy of 2 Dosing Regimens of an Antifungal Drug in the Treatment of Fungal Infections in Adults (0991-801)(COMPLETED)
Comparison of the safety and effectiveness of standard drug dosing versus a daily dose 3 times higher than the standard dose in patients with invasive candidiasis (bloodstream and/or systemic yeast infections)
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
- Drug: caspofungin acetate
- Clinical and Laboratory evidence of blood stream &/or systemic candida infections
- Possible candida contamination
- Candida colonization (non invasive infection), urine, cardiac, bone or brain and
prosthetic device infections
- Acute or moderately severe liver disease
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Abnormal blood clotting for patients on blood thinners
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study