Trial Search Results
A Study of an Investigational V212/Heat-Treated VZV Vaccine in Immunocompromised Adults (V212-002)(COMPLETED)
The proposed indication for the investigational heat-treated varicella-zoster virus (VZV) vaccine is the prevention of herpes zoster (HZ) and HZ-related complications in immunocompromised individuals.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
- Biological: Comparator: V212
- Biological: Comparator: Placebo
- Men and women > or = to 18 years of age who are scheduled to receive an autologous or
allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplant within 60 days of enrollment
- HIV-infected patients with a baseline CD4 cell count < or = to 200 cells/mm^3
- Patients with hematologic malignancies; or patients who are receiving chemotherapy for
breast, colorectal, lung, or ovarian malignancies
- History of allergy to any vaccine component
- Prior history of HZ
- Prior history of receipt of any varicella or zoster vaccine
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study