Trial Search Results
Evaluating Sunitinib Therapy in Renal Cell Carcinoma Using F-18 FDG PET/CT and DCE MRI
To learn whether Flourine-18 Fluoro-deoxi-glucose positron emission tomography / computed tomography (F-18 FDG PET/CT) and dynamic contrast enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (DCE MRI) are better predictors of response to therapy than the current standard of care (CT or MRI).
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
Collaborator: National Comprehensive Cancer Network
- Procedure: FDG PET CT
- Procedure: DCE MRI
- Drug: F-18 Fluoro-deoxi-glucose
- Drug: Gadolinium-DTPA
- Drug: Sunitinib
Inclusion Criteria:- Measurable disease by RECIST criteria
- Pathologic diagnosis of renal cell cancer
- Advanced (stage IV) renal cell cancer
- Karnofsky performance status of (KPS>70)
- Consent to participate in the clinical trial
Exclusion Criteria:- Patients who cannot complete a PET/CT scan.
- Pregnant women.
- Healthy volunteers.
- Patients participating in other research protocols will be excluded from this study.
- Metallic implants (prosthesis, ICD, pacemakers), since these are contraindications for
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study