Trial Search Results
Adding Guided Self-Help Group Therapy to the Alli Weight Loss Program in Treating Binge Eating Disorder
This study will evaluate the effectiveness of adding guided self-help group therapy to a weight loss program in achieving weight loss and reducing binge eating in overweight binge eaters.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
Collaborator: National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- Behavioral: Emotion regulation group therapy
- Drug: Orlistat/alli program
- Body mass index greater than 27
- Binge eating at least two times per week during the 6 months prior to study entry
- Current psychosis
- Current suicidal ideations
- Receiving concurrent psychotherapy
- Unstable on psychotropic medications for 3 months prior to study entry
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study