Trial Search Results
Effect of Ondansetron for Withdrawal Symptoms
We hope to determine whether Ondansetron, an anti-nausea medication, works to help relieve withdrawal symptoms experienced while the patient is being weaned off opioid medications. This medication has shown anecdotal evidence of being affective for the treatment of withdrawal symptoms and we hope to determine whether this is affective.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Drug: Ondansetron and Placebo crossover
Inclusion Criteria:-Over 18 years of age
- No medical contraindications to medication
- Able to fulfill research procedures
Exclusion Criteria:-Subjects who are unable to respond to our questionnaires or to stimuli
as required by the experimental protocol will be excluded.
- Subjects will be excluded if they have a history of significant psychiatric disorders
that would prevent them from engaging in a treatment program.
- Participating in other studies that would interfere with the procedures in this study
- Known or apparent pregnancy
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study