Trial Search Results
Internet Chronic Disease Self-Management Program for Australia
The Internet Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (ICDSMP) is a pilot study of our existing, previous approved, Chronic Disease Self-Management Program Online. The online programme will be offered to 300 people with chronic disease in South Australia and evaluated for effectiveness, as well as satisfaction of both the South Australian peer facilitators and the participants with chronic disease. All participants will be recruited by the State of South Australia, after which they will complete informed consent and a questionnaire on a secure website housed at Stanford. They will take a 6-week online self-management program in groups of 20-25, and they fill our additional online questionnaires at 6 month and one year.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Behavioral: Internet Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (ICDSMP)
Inclusion Criteria:- be 18 or older
- live in South Australia
- have at least one long term condition (It is suitable for people with heart disease,
lung disease, or type 2 diabetes as well as other diagnosed chronic condition)
- and be able to fill out the on-line questionnaire without assistance.
- Have access to the internet and an email account
- Able to read English
Exclusion Criteria:be pregnant
- if they self-identify they are enrolled in another program similar to this one, they will
be excluded from the study
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study