Trial Search Results
Palatability and Tolerability of Deferasirox Taken With Meals, With Different Liquids or Crushed and Added to Food
This single-arm, open-label, multi-center study will enroll 60 patients from approximately 20 centers. All patients who meet study criteria and are currently taking, beginning or resuming treatment with Deferasirox will be allowed. The study will begin with a one month run-in phase, where all patients will be instructed to take Deferasirox according to their physician's current prescribing information.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Drug: deferasirox:
- Male or female patients with thalassemia major, sickle cell disease (SCD), low or
intermediate 1 (INT 1) risk myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) or other anemias and
- Patients who were on, starting, or resuming treatment with Exjade.
- Patients who were >2 years (i.e., 2 years of age or older).
- Serum creatinine above the upper limit of normal (ULN) for age.
- Alanine aminotransferase (ALT) >2.5 times the ULN.-High risk intermediate-2 or high
risk MDS or acute leukemia.
Ages Eligible for Study
2 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study