Trial Search Results
A Multicenter, Open-label Study of CMX001 Treatment of Serious Diseases or Conditions Caused by dsDNA Viruses
CMX001 is an orally administered lipid conjugate of the synthetic nucleotide analog cidofovir (CDV). The conjugate is believed to be absorbed in the small intestine then delivered to target organs throughout the body where it crosses cell membranes by facilitated and passive diffusion. Inside the cell, CMX001 is cleaved by intracellular phospholipases to release CDV which is converted to the active antiviral agent, CDV-diphosphate (CDV-PP), by intracellular anabolic kinases. Adults and adolescents, regardless of viral infection/disease, will have a maximum weekly dose of 200 mg i.e., 200 mg once weekly OR 100 mg twice weekly; not to exceed 4mg/kg total weekly dose. Pediatric subjects (< 12 years), regardless of viral infection/disease, will have a maximum weekly dose of 4 mg/kg i.e., 4 mg/kg once weekly OR 2 mg/kg twice weekly.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Drug: CMX001
Phase 2/Phase 3
1. Patients with an immediately life-threatening or serious disease or condition caused
by CMV, ADV, HSV, VAVC, VARV or monkeypox viruses(s).
2. Life expectancy of at least 2 weeks and commitment to continuation of supportive care
for at least 4 weeks.
3. Able to ingest and absorb oral medication (in the judgment of the investigator and
based on lack of significant GI pathology such as small bowel resection or ileus).
[Note: Use of TPN (total parenteral nutrition) is not in and of itself exclusionary as
long as the reason for use would not disqualify the patient based on this criterion.]
4. Willing and able to understand and provide written informed consent. For minors or
those incapable of providing written informed consent (i.e., incapacitated),
understood, written and informed consent must be provided by a parent or legal
guardian or representative.
5. To the best of his or her (or parent/guardian) knowledge, willing and able to
participate in all required study activities for the duration of the study.
6. In the judgment of the investigator, patients for whom no comparable or satisfactory
therapeutic alternative is available
1. Females who are pregnant or currently nursing.
2. Patients with hypersensitivity to cidofovir or CMX001.
3. Patients whose long-term prognosis includes a poor likelihood of survival due to
irreversible organ failure including, for example, patients with frank hepatic failure
and adults with Grade 4 GVHD of the GI tract.
4. Patients who are eligible for enrollment and able to participate in a clinical trial
5. Patients with any other condition that would, in the judgment of the investigator, put
the patient at increased risk during participation in the study, or interfere with the
conduct of the study.
Ages Eligible for Study
1 Month - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study