Trial Search Results
Clinical Study of BYM338 for the Treatment of Unintentional Weight Loss in Patients With Cancer of the Lung or the Pancreas
A safety & efficacy clinical study of the investigational medicinal product BYM338 for the treatment of unintentional weight loss in patients with cancer of the lung or the pancreas
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Drug: BYM338 active drug
- Drug: Placebo
Key Inclusion criteria:
1. Patients must sign an informed consent before assessment
2. Patients with pathologically and/or clinically confirmed diagnosis of stage IV
non-small (squamous or non-squamous) cell lung cancer (NSCLC) or stage III/IV
adenocarcinoma of the pancreas.
3. Patients with stage IV NSCLC will be receiving or completed or discontinued standard
chemotherapy or be chemotherapy-naive by choice.
4. Patients with stage III/IV pancreatic adenocarcinoma will be receiving standard
chemotherapy or no chemotherapy. If patients are receiving chemotherapy, a change in
chemotherapy is not expected.
5. Greater than or equal to 5% unintentional weight loss over the previous 3-6 months,
not explained by simple starvation. Simple starvation is considered to be excluded
when weight loss is not ameliorated by standard nutritional counseling and oral
supplementation over a 2 week period.
6. Body mass index (BMI) ≤ 30 kg/m2.
7. Life expectancy of at least 4 months.
8. Able to communicate well and comply with the requirements of the study, including by
phone and written logs.
Key Exclusion criteria:
1. Patients who have received investigational anti-neoplastic therapy within 3 weeks of
2. Evidence of inadequate organ or brain function, as defined by lab tests and imaging
3. Patients with severe and/or uncontrolled medical conditions that could interfere with
the study (e.g. heart conditions, high blood pressure, diabetes, infection)
uncontrolled pain or any other non-stable illness
4. Pregnant or lactating women.
5. Women capable of becoming pregnant must use highly effective contraception during the
study and for 8 weeks after stopping treatment. All female patients must have negative
pregnancy test results throughout the study
6. Patients unwilling or unable to follow instructions.
Other protocol-defined inclusion/exclusion criteria may apply.
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study