Trial Search Results
LASIK Using the Alcon Allegretto Wavefront-Guided Excimer Laser vs AMO Visx Wavefront-Guided Excimer Laser
The purpose of the study is to compare the results of LASIK surgery when using Alcon Allegretto wavefront-guided excimer laser system compared to AMO Visx Custom wavefront-guided excimer laser system in patients with nearsightedness with and without astigmatism.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Procedure: Wavefront-guided LASIK - Allegretto
- Procedure: Wavefront-guided LASIK - AMO
- Subjects age 21 and older with healthy eyes.
- Nearsightedness between -0.50 diopters and -7.00 diopters with or without astigmatism
of up to 3.50 diopters.
- Subjects under the age of 21.
- Patients with excessively thin corneas.
- Patients with topographic evidence of keratoconus.
- Patients with ectatic eye disorders.
- Patients with autoimmune diseases.
- Patients who are pregnant or nursing.
- Patients must have similar levels of nearsightedness with or without astigmatism in
- They can not be more than 1.5 diopters of difference between eyes.
- Patients must have similar levels of astigmatism in each eye.
- They can not have more than 1.5 diopters of difference in nearsightedness or
astigmatism between their two eyes.
Ages Eligible for Study
21 Years - 60 Years
Genders Eligible for Study