Trial Search Results
Exploring the Efficacy and Safety of Siponimod in Patients With Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (EXPAND)
Evaluate the safety and efficacy of Siponimod (BAF312) versus placebo in a variable treatment duration in patients with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (Core Part) followed by extended treatment with open-label BAF312 to obtain data on long-term safety, tolerabiilty and efficacy (Extension Part).
Stanford is currently accepting patients for this trial.
- Drug: BAF312
- Drug: Placebo
- Prior history of relapsing remitting MS
- SPMS defined as progressive increase of disability over at least 6 months
- EDSS score of 3.0 to 6.5
- No relapse of corticosteroid treatment within 3 months
- Women of child bearing potential must use reliable forms of contraception.
- Diagnosis of Macular edema during screening period
- Any medically unstable condition determined by investigator.
- Unable to undergo MRI scans
- Hypersensitivity to any study drugs or drugs of similar class Other protocol defined
inclusion/exclusion may apply.
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - 60 Years
Genders Eligible for Study