Trial Search Results
Web-based Intervention to Reduce Alcohol Use in Veterans With Hepatitis C
Many people who are infected with Hepatitis C misuse alcohol, which is even more dangerous for them than it is for a non-infected person. In this VA study, such individuals will be screened and given feedback on their drinking using an Internet-based program which has been shown to reduce drinking in other populations. The research team will evaluate whether the program helps Veterans drink less over time and thereby improve their health.
Stanford is currently accepting patients for this trial.
VA Office of Research and Development
- Other: Web-Based Brief Alcohol Intervention
- Other: Usual Care
- Must be a US military veteran.
- Over the age of 17 with liver disease.
- Must be receiving care at a VA liver clinic.
- Those with no current or historical use of alcohol.
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study