Trial Search Results
Compassion Training and Pain
The purpose of this study is to determine whether compassion training will improve the physical and psychological well-being of patients with chronic pain. The investigators also want to determine whether any benefit of compassion training in the patients "spreads" to significant others with whom the patient has a close relationship.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Behavioral: Compassion Cultivation Training Course
1. Age 18+ and chronic pain for >6months
2. Pain over the last month
3. Ability to read, write, and converse in English
4. If being treated for pain condition, then stable treatment regimen.
For significant others:
1)18 years of age or older 2)Ability to read, write, and converse in English
For patients and significant others:
1)Current or history of a psychological disorder that would interfere with study
procedures, at the discretion of the researcher.
For patients only:
1. prior compassion meditation experience
2. on going legal action or disability claim
3. currently pregnant or planning to become pregnant
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study