Trial Search Results
A Study of Atezolizumab in Participants With Programmed Death-Ligand 1 (PD-L1) Positive Locally Advanced or Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) [FIR]
The purpose of this study is to determine the effect of the study drug, MPDL3280A (a monoclonal antibody) on programmed cell death-1 ligand 1 (PD-L1)-positive locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). The study also aims to learn more about the safety and tolerability of the study drug.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Drug: Atezolizumab (MPDL3280A) [TECENTRIQ], an engineered anti-PDL1 antibody
- Stage IIIB (not eligible for definitive chemoradiotherapy), Stage IV, or recurrent
- PDL1-positive status as determined by an immunohistochemistry assay performed by a
central laboratory. A positive result in chemotherapy, chemoradiation of the tumor
sample biopsy will satisfy the eligibility criterion
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology group Performance Status of 0 or 1
- Life expectancy greater than or equal to 12 weeks
- Measurable disease, as defined by Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors Version
- Adequate hematologic and end organ function
- Any approved anti-cancer therapy, including chemotherapy, or hormonal therapy within 3
weeks prior to initiation of study treatment; the following exceptions are allowed.
Hormone-replacement therapy or oral contraceptives, and tyrosine kinase inhibitors
approved for treatment of NSCLC discontinued greater than 7 days prior to Cycle 1 Day
- Treatment with any other investigational agent or participation in another clinical
trial with therapeutic intent within 28 days prior to enrollment
- Known central nervous system disease, including treated brain metastases in the
1. who will not receive prior chemotherapy for advanced disease
2. who progress during or following a prior-platinum based chemotherapy regimen for
advanced disease (referred as 2L+ participants)
- Participants with a history of treated asymptomatic brain metastases are allowed in
the 2L+ participants and previously treated for brain metastases.
- Leptomeningeal disease
- Uncontrolled tumor-related pain
- Uncontrolled hypercalcemia
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study