Trial Search Results
Optimizing a Smartphone Application for Individuals With Eating Disorders
This study will augment an existing mobile application for individuals with eating disorders by developing adaptive, tailored content targeting remediation of cognitive distortions. The adaptive application will be deployed and assessed for efficacy relative to the standard product in a randomized controlled trial.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
Recovery Record Research
Collaborator: Stanford University
- Behavioral: Recovery Record adaptive smartphone application
- Behavioral: Recovery Record standard smartphone application
- Meets criteria for clinically significant symptoms of eating disorder using
- Has an Android or iPhone and is willing to use phone for the study
- Is able to speak and read English
- Lives within the United States of America
- Is at least 16 years of age
- Has visual, hearing, voice, or motor impairment that would prevent completion of study
and treatment procedures
- Has any psychiatric condition for which participation in a clinical trial of
psychotherapy may be either inappropriate or dangerous (e.g., psychotic disorders,
bipolar disorders, severe post traumatic stress disorder, etc.).
- Exhibits severe suicidality, including ideation, plan, and intent.
- Currently receiving weekly psychotherapy or planning to receive weekly psychotherapy
for eating disorder during the 12 weeks of the study.
Ages Eligible for Study
16 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study