Trial Search Results
Point-of-Care System for Determination of Bilirubin Capacity in Neonates
The aims of this project are to validate the performance of the miniaturized and modernized hematofluorometer that measures bilirubin capacity into a product and is suitable for operation in various point of care environments when encountering confounding direct bilirubin, to complete the development of easy to use sample handling disposables, and to verify the performance of the system for samples from a specified population of neonates.
Stanford is currently accepting patients for this trial.
Collaborator: Aviv Biomedical, Inc.
- Device: Bilirubin Binding Capacity by hematofluorometry
- Subjects must meet all of the following inclusion criteria to be considered eligible
for study enrollment soon after birth or re-admission (for phototherapy):
- Parental informed consent
- Male and female newborns with a GA ≥ 28 wks with a birthweight ≥ 1000 g including
infants with GA ≥ 35 wks with a birthweight ≥ 2500 g who are clinically deemed at
- Enrollment at age less than 14 days and more than 6h
Ages Eligible for Study
N/A - 14 Days
Genders Eligible for Study