Trial Search Results
A Prospective, Contralateral, Eye to Eye Comparison of SMILE Surgery to LASIK Surgery
Subjects will undergo SMILE surgery in one eye and LASIK surgery in their other eye to correct myopia.
Stanford is currently accepting patients for this trial.
- Procedure: SMILE
- Procedure: LASIK
- Subjects age 22 and older with healthy eyes. Nearsightedness between -0.75 diopters
and -8.00 diopters.
- Subjects with less than 0.75 diopters of astigmatism.
- Subjects under the age of 22.
- Subjects with excessively thin corneas.
- Subjects with topographic evidence of keratoconus.
- Subjects with ectatic eye disorders.
- Subjects with autoimmune diseases.
- Subjects who are pregnant or nursing.
- Subjects must have similar levels of nearsightedness in each eye. They can not be more
than 1.5 diopter of difference between eyes.
- Subjects with 0.75 or more diopters of astigmatism
- Subjects must have similar levels of astigmatism in each eye. They can not have more
than 0.50 diopters of difference between eyes.
Ages Eligible for Study
22 Years - 59 Years
Genders Eligible for Study