Trial Search Results
JAK Inhibition to Prevent Ventilator-induced Diaphragm Dysfunction
We intend, with this study, to prove that blocking the molecular mechanisms whose blockade prevents VIDD in animals, will indeed prevent the development of VIDD in humans as well. We believe that this evidence will serve as the required basis for proceeding with large, ICU-based clinical trial(s) of a drug to prevent VIDD.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Drug: Tofacitinib 5 mg
- Drug: Placebo to match tofacitinib
- Patients undergoing esophagectomy
- Patients with more than mild pulmonary dysfunction
- Patients with any neuromuscular disease that might compromise diaphragm function
- Patients with abnormal liver or kidney function
- Patients taking antifungal medications
- History of tuberculosis
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study