Trial Search Results
Allogeneic Transplantation for Patients With Acute Leukemia or Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML)
The purpose of the study is to evaluate the overall and disease free survival of recipients who have received G-CSF mobilized stem cells from HLA matched sibling donors.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Procedure: Allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation
Inclusion Criteria:1. Any patient with one of the following hematologic malignancies in
whom an allogeneic stem cell transplant is warranted: Specific disease categories include:
1. acute myelogenous leukemia, 1st or 2nd remission
2. acute lymphoblastic leukemia, 1st or 2nd remission
3. chronic myelogenous leukemia, 1st or 2nd CP, accelerated phase 2. Patient age > 1
month and < 55 yo 3. Patients must have a genotypically HLA identical sibling 4.
Patient must have adequate function as follows:
a. total bilirubin <2.5 and SGOT/SGPT <2x normal b. adequate renal function as defined by
creatinine < 1.5 or a 24 hr creatinine clearance >50 cc/min as determined by the
Cockroft-Gault formula (to be done if serum creatinine > 1.5) c. DLCO > 60% predicted d.
radionuclide cardiac scan with ejection fraction >45% 5. Patient must be competent to give
Inclusion criteria (Donor):
1. HLA identical family member
2. Donor or guardian must be competent to give consent
3. Donor must have adequate veins for leukapheresis or agree to placement of central
Exclusion Criteria:3.2 Exclusion Criteria (Patient):
1. Evidence of active infection or active hepatitis
2. Positive serologies for HIV-1,HIV-2 or hepatitis B surface ag+
3. Previous allogeneic stem cell/bone marrow transplant
4. Pregnant or lactating patients
4 Exclusion criteria (Donor):
1. Donors who for psychologic, physiologic or medical reasons are unable to tolerate PBSC
2. Donors who are HIV+ or hepatitis B antigen +
3. History of allergic reaction to G-CSF
4. Female donors must be post-menopausal or have a negative pregnancy test
Ages Eligible for Study
N/A - 55 Years
Genders Eligible for Study