Trial Search Results
Biobank For MS And Other Demyelinating Diseases
To establish a large, longitudinal collection of high quality samples and data from subjects with MS, selected other demyelinating diseases (Transverse Myelitis (TM), Neuromyelitis Optica (NMO) or Devic's, Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM), and Optic Neuritis (ON)), and related and unrelated unaffected controls. Samples and data will be available as a shared resource to scientists researching the causes, sub-types, and biomarkers of MS and related demyelinating diseases.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
Accelerated Cure Project for Multiple Sclerosis
- age 18+ able to give informed consent or individuals younger than 18 with parental
permission and able to give assent
- willing to provide up to 110 ml (50 ml for < 18 years old) of blood via venipuncture
- experienced at least one CNS demyelinating event characteristic of MS, TM, NMO, ADEM,
- history of blood borne pathogens
- allogeneic bone marrow transplant
- clinical or radiological evidence of stroke, meningitis, or other well characterized
diseases of the nervous system (with the exception of MS, TM, NMO, ADEM, or ON).
- weight less than 37 pounds
Ages Eligible for Study
N/A - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study