Trial Search Results
Endovascular Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms
The purpose of this study is to determine if it is safe and effective to use the TALENT AAA Stent Graft System as a treatment for AAAs in patients who are also candidates for conventional surgical aneurysm repair.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Device: Endovascular Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms Using TALENT AAA Stent Graft System
Inclusion Criteria:1. Patient has one of the following:
- Aneurysm >4 cm in diameter, or an aneurysm that has increased in size by 0.5 cm in the
- Aneurysm is 1.5 times larger than the diameter of the normal infrarenal aorta or
- Aneurysm is saccular
- Penetrating ulcer 2. Patient's vascular dimensions must be in the range that can be
safely treated with the stent graft available to the physician at the time of the
3. Patient has endovascular access to the aneurysmal site with the Introducer Sheath
or Delivery Catheter of the appropriate ize device chosen for treatment.
4. Patient has anatomic characteristics suitable for endovascular repair. 5. Patient
has an immediate life-threatening disease of the abdominal aorta in which there is a
reasonable likelihood that death will occur within a matter of months or in which
premature death is likely without early treatment.
6. Patient is American Society of Anesthesiology (ASA) grade 1 through 4. 7. Patient
is able and willing to comply with 3 month, 6 month, 1 year and every year thereafter
post treatment follow-up requirements.
8. Patient or patient's legal representative understands and has signed an Informed
Consent. Exclusion Criteria:1. Patient is pregnant or nursing. 2. Patient is
morbidly obese or has other clinical conditions that severely inhibit X-ray
visualization of the aorta.
3. Patient has connective disease. 4. Patient is hypercoagulable. 5. Patient has
active systemic infection. 6. Patient is less than 18 years old. 7. Patient has less
than a one-year life expectancy. 8. Patient is unwilling or unable to return for
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study