Trial Search Results
Combination SBRT With TACE for Unresectable Hepatocellular Carcinoma
To determine the efficacy and toxicity of TACE combined with SBRT
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Procedure: TACE
- Procedure: SBRT
Phase 1/Phase 2
- Liver tumors treatable by SBRT not to exceed 10cm in greatest axial dimension.
- 800 cc of uninvolved liver
- Patients may have additional hepatic lesions if they are <3cm and can be treated
with TACE or RFA.
- Age > 18 years old
- Albumin > 2.4 g/dL.
- Total bilirubin < 3 mg/dL.
- INR ≤ 1.5.
- Creatinine < 2.0 mg/dL.
- Confirmed hepatocellular carcinoma by one of the following:
- Two radiographic techniques (out of US, MRI, CT, Angiography) that confirm a
lesion >2 cm with arterial hypervascularization
- One radiographic technique that confirms a lesion >2 cm with arterial
hypervascularization and an elevated AFP
- Hepatic lesion in patients for whom surgical resection is not possible or would not
result in an opportunity for cure
- Tumor(s) <10cm
- Eastern Clinical Oncology Group performance status 0, 1 or 2
- No prior surgery, chemotherapy, or radiation for the current tumor
- Patients placed on the liver transplant registry are eligible for this trial, but will
be withdrawn from the protocol if they receive liver transplantation.
- TACE done prior to study enrollment is allowed if there were no more than 3 procedures
within an 18 week period and SBRT can begin within 12 weeks of the last TACE
- Prior radiotherapy to the upper abdomen
- Prior TACE, RFA, or liver transplant
- Tumor(s) ≥ 10cm
- Large esophageal varices without band ligation
- Active GI bleed or within 2 weeks of study enrollment
- Ascites refractory to medical therapy
- Contraindication to receiving radiotherapy
- Women who are pregnant
- Administration of any systemic cytotoxic agents within the last 12 months
- Presence of extrahepatic metastases
- Participation in another concurrent treatment protocol
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study