Trial Search Results
Collection of Biospecimen & Clinical Information in Patients w/ Gastrointestinal Cancers
We have an active research program in gastrointestinal cancers including clinical trials, epidemiologic, and translational studies. We would like to establish a biospecimen bank linked to useful clinical information in order to learn more about diagnostic, predictive and prognostic markers for gastrointestinal cancers.
1. To collect and store tumor and normal tissue (previously collected paraffin embedded or frozen specimen) and blood in patients with gastrointestinal (GI) cancers.
1. Collect detailed clinical information via a patient questionnaire that includes demographic, socioeconomic, lifestyle, family, past medical, medication and cancer histories
2. Collect details about the tumor specimen extracted from patient charts.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
Collaborator: GI Cancer Research Gift Fund
- Procedure: Blood Draw
- Procedure: Frozen Tumor Specimens
Inclusion Criteria:1. Patients are eligible if they have a histologically proven
gastrointestinal cancer (esophageal, gastroesophageal junction, gastric, small intestine,
appendix, colon, rectum, anus, liver, gallbladder, bile ducts, pancreas, neuroendocrine,
and GI stromal tumor).
2. 18 years of age or older
3. Ability to understand and the willingness to sign a written informed consent document.
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study