Trial Search Results
Dietary Maneuvers to Reduce Production of Colon-Derived Uremic Solutes
This study will assess whether dietary fiber supplements can reduce the production of chemicals which are produced by colon bacteria and normally excreted from the body by the kidney, but build up in the body in patients on hemodialysis.
Stanford is currently accepting patients for this trial.
Collaborator: National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Dietary Supplement: Fiber
- Dietary Supplement: Corn starch
- stable dialysis patients able to provide consent.
Exclusion Criteria:-- known g.i. disease
- use of antibiotics for the last two month or expected antibiotic use
- recent hospitalization or other event resulting in instability of food intake
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study