Trial Search Results
Supplemental Therapeutic Oxygen for Prethreshold Retinopathy of Prematurity
The purpose of this trial was to determine the efficacy and safety of supplemental therapeutic oxygen for infants with prethreshold retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) to reduce the probability of progression to threshold ROP and the need for peripheral retinal ablation.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
NICHD Neonatal Research Network
Collaborator: National Center for Research Resources (NCRR)
- Procedure: Supplemental Oxygen Management
- Procedure: Conventional Oxygen Management
Phase 2/Phase 3
- Infants with prethreshold retinopathy of prematurity, confirmed by 2 certified
- Median pulse oxygen saturation <94% in room air
- Median pulse oxygen saturation can be kept safely >96% on oxygen/ventilator
- No fatal congenital anomaly or congenital eye anomaly
Ages Eligible for Study
N/A - 48 Hours
Genders Eligible for Study