Trial Search Results
Brentuximab Vedotin (SGN-35) in Patients With Mycosis Fungoides With Variable CD30 Expression Level
The purpose of this study is to learn the effects of brentuximab vedotin (SGN-35), an investigational medication, on patients with cutaneous T cell lymphoma (CTCL), specifically mycosis fungoides (MF) and Sezary syndrome (SS). Despite a wide range of therapeutic options, the treatments are associated with short response duration, thus this condition is largely incurable. This investigational drug may offer less toxicity than standard treatments and have better tumor specific targeting.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
Collaborator: Seattle Genetics, Inc.
- Drug: Brentuximab vedotin
- Biopsy-proven MF/SS, stage IB-IVB, and failed one standard systemic therapy. Skin
biopsy must be within 3 months of beginning study medication
- At least the following wash-out from prior treatments:
- ≥ 3 weeks for local radiation therapy, systemic cytotoxic anticancer therapy,
treatment with other anti-cancer investigational agents (including monoclonal
- > 3 weeks for retinoids, interferons, vorinostat, romidepsin, denileukin diftitox
- > 2 wks for topical therapy (including topical steroid, retinoid, nitrogen
mustard, or imiquimod)
- At least 18 years of age
- ECOG performance status of ≤ 2
- Must be able to commit to study schedule
- Absolute neutrophil count (ANC) ≥ 1000/uL
- Platelets ≥ 50,000/uL
- Bilirubin ≤ 2X upper limit of normal (ULN) (EXCEPTION: Gilbert's disease ≤ 3X ULN)
- Serum creatinine ≤ 2X ULN
- Alanine aminotransferase (ALT) ≤ 3X ULN
- Aspartate aminotransferase (AST) ≤ 3X ULN
- Negative serum beta-HCG pregnancy test result within 7 days of first treatment, if a
woman of childbearing potential
- Ability to understand and the willingness to sign a written informed consent document
- Mycosis fungoides (MF) with limited disease (stage IA) or central nervous system (CNS)
- Systemic or topical concomitant corticosteroid use for treatment of skin disease
(EXCEPTION: Oral prednisone allowed at ≤ 10 mg/day)
- Known Grade 3 or higher (per NCI CTCAE v4.0 criteria) active systemic or cutaneous
viral, bacterial, or fungal infection
- Known to be Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C antibody positive
- HIV-positive with have a measurable viral load while on antiretroviral medication
- Known hypersensitivity to recombinant proteins or any excipient contained in the drug
- History of other malignancies during the past 3 years (EXCEPTIONS: non-melanoma skin
cancer; curatively treated localized prostate cancer; curatively treated localized
breast cancer; resected thyroid cancer; cervical intraepithelial neoplasia; or
cervical carcinoma in situ on biopsy).
- Congestive heart failure, Class III or IV, by New York Heart Association (NYHA)
- Any serious underlying medical condition that would impair subject's ability to
receive or tolerate the planned treatment.
- Dementia or altered mental status that would preclude subject's understanding and
rendering of informed consent.
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study