Trial Search Results
Photoacoustic Imaging (PAI) of the Prostate: A Clinical Feasibility Study
The purpose of our study is to image human prostate tissue using a transrectal photoacoustic imaging probe.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Device: Hand held transrectal Combined Ultrasound and photoacoustic imaging (PAI) probe
- Consent signed
- Male >= 18 and <= 80 years of age
- Patients must have an elevated PSA And/ Or Abnormal digital rectal exam Or Other
indication for prostate biopsy Or Patients with biopsy proven prostate cancer who are
scheduled for prostatectomy.
- History of prostatectomy or other surgical history that would preclude transrectal
imaging (i.e. abdominal perineal resection), anal stenosis/stricture disease
- Men with anatomic abnormalities or previous surgical history that make transrectal
imaging impossible (for example, men with previous abdominal-perineal bowel resections
or anal atresia/stenosis)
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - 80 Years
Genders Eligible for Study