Trial Search Results
An Open-label Safety and Tolerability Study of Nusinersen (ISIS 396443) in Participants With Spinal Muscular Atrophy Who Previously Participated in ISIS 396443-CS1 (NCT01494701)
The primary objective of this study is to examine the safety and tolerability of nusinersen (ISIS 396443) administered intrathecally to participants with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) who previously participated in ISIS 396443-CS1 (NCT02865109). The secondary objective was to examine the plasma pharmacokinetics of a single dose of ISIS 396443 administered intrathecally to participants with SMA who previously participated in ISIS 396443-CS1.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Drug: nusinersen
Key Inclusion Criteria:
- Clinical signs attributable to Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Satisfactory completion of dosing and all study visits in ISIS 396443-CS1
(NCT01494701) with an acceptable safety profile, per Investigator judgement.
- Able to complete all study procedures, measurements and visits and parent/participant
has adequately supportive psychosocial circumstances, in the opinion of the
- Estimated life expectancy > 2 years from Screening
- Meets age-appropriate institutional criteria for use of anesthesia/sedation, if use is
planned for study procedure
Key Exclusion Criteria:
- Have any new or worsening of existing condition which in the opinion of the
Investigator would make the participant unsuitable for enrollment, or could interfere
with the participant participating in or completing the study.
- Dosing in ISIS 396443-CS1 (NCT01494701) within 270 days (9 months) of screening, or
longer ago than 450 days (15 months)
- Dosing in ISIS 396443-CS2 (NCT01703988)
- Hospitalization for surgery (i.e. scoliosis surgery) or pulmonary event within 2
months of screening or planned during the duration of the study
- Presence of an untreated or inadequately treated active infection requiring systemic
antiviral or antimicrobial therapy any time during the screening period
- Clinically significant abnormalities in hematology or clinical chemistry parameters
- Treatment with investigational drug, biological agent, or device within 1-month of
Screening or 5 half-lives of study agent, whichever is longer. Treatment with
valproate or hydroxyurea within 1 months of screening. Any history of gene therapy or
NOTE: Other protocol defined Inclusion/Exclusion criteria may apply.
Ages Eligible for Study
2 Years - 15 Years
Genders Eligible for Study