Trial Search Results
Genetic and Demographic Factors That Influence the Pain and Progress of Labor
The purpose of this study is to try to understand why the experience of labor differs among women. The investigators want to understand why some women have longer or shorter labors and why the amount of pain women experience is different. The investigators hope to be able to consider women more individually in terms of their pain and progress of labor.
Stanford is currently accepting patients for this trial.
University of Virginia
Collaborator: Stanford University
- Genetic: Progress, Pain
- Study participants will be women presenting in term labor.
- Patients of all ethnicities will be included.
- All subjects will be greater than or equal to 18 years of age and able to give
- Include preexisting pain syndromes or the regular taking of pain medications.
- Preterm birth (< 37 weeks) and preeclampsia.
- Cervical dilatation more than 6 cm
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - 50 Years
Genders Eligible for Study