Trial Search Results
The PARTNER II Trial: Placement of AoRTic TraNscathetER Valves - PII B
The purpose of this study is to determine the safety and effectiveness of the SAPIEN XT™ THV with the associated delivery system for inoperable patients with severe symptomatic native aortic stenosis.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
Collaborator: American College of Cardiology
- Device: TAVR Implantation with SAPIEN XT
- Device: TAVR Implantation with SAPIEN
1. Patient was symptomatic from his/her aortic valve stenosis, as demonstrated by NYHA
Functional Class II or greater.
2. The probability of death or serious, irreversible morbidity is greater than or equal
3. The heart team agreed (and verified in the case review process) that valve
implantation would likely benefit the patient.
4. The study patient or the study patient's legal representative was informed of the
nature of the study, agreed to its provisions and had provided written informed
consent as approved by the Institutional Review Board (IRB) of the respective clinical
5. The study patient agreed to comply with all required post-procedure follow-up visits
including annual visits through 5 years and analysis close date visits, which was
conducted as a phone follow-up.
1. Aortic valve is a congenital unicuspid or congenital bicuspid valve, or is
2. Significant aortic disease, including marked tortuosity (hyperacute bend), aortic arch
atheroma [especially if thick (> 5 mm), protruding or ulcerated] or narrowing
(especially with calcification and surface irregularities) of the abdominal or
thoracic aorta, severe "unfolding" and tortuosity of the thoracic aorta.
3. Currently participating in an investigational drug or another device study. Note:
Trials requiring extended follow-up for products that were investigational, but have
since become commercially available, are not considered investigational trials.
4. It is known that the patient is currently enrolled in the PARTNER I Trial or was
withdrawn from the PARTNER I Trial prior to endpoint analysis.
5. Active bacterial endocarditis within 6 months (180 days) of procedure.
Ages Eligible for Study
19 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study