Trial Search Results
SEP-SEQ Trial - Determining the Etiology of Sepsis Using an Infectious Disease Diagnostic Sequencing Assay
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the performance of the Karius Infectious Diseases Plasma Sequencing Assay in patients who present to the emergency room with sepsis.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
Collaborator: Stanford University
1. 18 years or older
2. Meet 2 of 4 sepsis criteria
1. Temperature > 38C or < 36C
2. Heart rate > 90 bpm
3. Respiratory rate >20 or PaCO2 <32mmHg
4. WBC >12000/µL or < 4000/µL or > 10% bands
1. Inability to understand instructions and comply with study-related procedures
2. Any condition that in the opinion of the treating physician will prevent the subject
from completing the study.
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study