Trial Search Results
A Study Comparing Upadacitinib (ABT-494) to Placebo in Participants With Active Psoriatic Arthritis Who Have a History of Inadequate Response to at Least One Biologic Disease Modifying Anti-Rheumatic Drug
This is a Phase 3 multicenter study that includes two periods. Period 1 is designed to compare the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of ABT-494 Dose A once daily (QD) and Dose B QD versus placebo in participants with moderately to severely active Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA) who have an inadequate response to Biological Disease Modifying Anti-Rheumatic Drug (bDMARDs). Period 2 evaluates the safety, tolerability and efficacy of ABT-494 Dose A QD and Dose B QD in subjects with PsA who have completed Period 1.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Drug: Placebo
- Drug: ABT-494
- Clinical diagnosis of PsA with symptom onset at least 6 months prior to the Screening
Visit and fulfillment of the Classification Criteria for PsA (CASPAR) criteria
- Participant has active disease at Baseline defined as >= 3 tender joints (based on 68
joint counts) and >= 3 swollen joints (based on 66 joint counts) at Screening and
- Diagnosis of active plaque psoriasis or documented history of plaque psoriasis
- Participant has had an inadequate response (lack of efficacy after a minimum 12 week
duration of therapy) or intolerance to treatment with at least 1 bDMARD.
- Prior exposure to any Janus Kinase (JAK) inhibitor (including but not limited to
ruxolitinib, tofacitinib, baricitinib, and filgotinib)
- Current treatment with > 2 non-biologic DMARDs or use of DMARDs other than
Methotrexate (MTX), Sulfasalazine (SSZ), Leflunomide (LEF), apremilast,
Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), bucillamine or iguratimod or use of MTX in combination with
LEF at Baseline.
- History of fibromyalgia, any arthritis with onset prior to age 17 years, or current
diagnosis of inflammatory joint disease other than PsA (including, but not limited to
rheumatoid arthritis, gout, overlap connective tissue diseases, scleroderma,
polymyositis, dermatomyositis, systemic lupus erythematosus). Prior history of
reactive arthritis or axial spondyloarthritis including ankylosing spondylitis and
non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis is permitted if documentation of change in
diagnosis to PsA or additional diagnosis of PsA is made. Prior history of fibromyalgia
is permitted if documentation of change in diagnosis to PsA or documentation that the
diagnosis of fibromyalgia was made incorrectly.
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study