Trial Search Results
Surgical Tapering of Opioids
The purpose of this study is to characterize the relationship between preoperative depression symptoms and opioid use/misuse after surgery using a perioperative learning healthcare system. We are also interested in evaluating the relative efficacy of enhanced usual care versus motivational interviewing and gradual opioid weaning to promote opioid cessation after surgery. Finally, we are interested in characterizing interactions between treatment and selected participant attributes in predicting treatment, engagement, opioid use, and misuse.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Behavioral: Motivational Interviewing and Gradual Opioid Weaning
- Behavioral: Enhanced Usual Care
- Planning to undergo surgery
- English speaking
- Ability and willingness to complete questionnaires and assessments
- Any conditions causing inability to complete assessments
- Known pregnancy
- Elevated suicidality
- Enrollment in conflicting perioperative trial
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study