Trial Search Results
A Phase 1/2 Trial of PTR-01 in Adult Patients With Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa (RDEB)
Protocol PTR-01-001 is a Phase 1/2 study of PTR-01.
The study is divided into an up to 4-week Screening Period, a 10-week Treatment Period and an 8-week Follow-up Period.
Cohorts 1, 2, 3 and 4 will consist of 2, 4, 3 and 3 patients respectively. Each cohort will consist of patients divided into two groups (Group 1 and Group 2) randomized in a 1:1 ratio. Patients in Group 1 will receive three doses of active drug followed by 3 doses of saline control. Patients in Group 2 will receive three doses of saline control followed by 3 doses of active drug.
Cohort 1 patients randomized to Group 1 will receive 3 doses of active treatment (PTR-01) at a dose of 0.1 mg/kg followed by 3 doses of saline control for a total of 6 doses. Cohort 1 patients randomized to Group 2 will receive 3 doses of saline control followed by 3 doses of active treatment (PTR-01) at a dose of 0.1 mg/kg for a total of 6 doses.
Stanford is currently accepting patients for this trial.
Phoenix Tissue Repair, Inc.
- Drug: PTR-01
- Drug: Normal saline
Phase 1/Phase 2
1. Be at least 16 years of age.
2. Has signed the current approved informed consent form.
3. Has a diagnosis of RDEB based on genetic analysis and consistent with a recessive
4. Has deficient C7 staining at the dermal-epidermal junction (DEJ) by IF.
5. Has at least 1 unhealed wound 10-200 cm2 for at least 6 weeks at the Screening Visit.
6. Agrees to use contraception as follows:
- For women of childbearing potential (WOCBP) agrees to use highly effective
contraceptive (including abstinence) methods from Screening, through the study,
and for at least 10 weeks after the last dose of study drug. Non-childbearing
potential is defined as a female who meets either of the following criteria: age
≥50 years and no menses for at least 1 year or documented hysterectomy, bilateral
tubal ligation, or bilateral oophorectomy (see Section 220.127.116.11 for details on the
definition of non-childbearing potential).
- For males, agrees to use a condom with any WOCBP sexual partner from Day 1 of
study treatment, through the study, and at least 10 weeks after the last dose of
7. Be willing and able to comply with this protocol.
1. Has known systemic hypersensitivity to any of the inactive ingredients in PTR-01.
2. Is pregnant or nursing.
3. Has received in the last six months any investigational gene therapy product or in the
last three months any non-gene therapy investigational products.
4. Is anticipated to receive new regimens of antibiotics or other anti-infectives during
5. Has any other medical or personal condition that, in the opinion of the Investigator,
may potentially compromise the safety or compliance of the patient, or may preclude
the patient's successful completion of the clinical study.
Ages Eligible for Study
16 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study