Trial Search Results
Building a Platform for Precision Anesthesia in the Geriatric Surgical Patient
The research team is creating a foundational infrastructure in order to develop a precision medicine approach for geriatric patients who require surgery with anesthesia. The team plans to build the first of its kind comprehensive database of demographic and risk factor questionnaire responses, biobanked blood specimens, intraoperative electroencephalography (EEG), and inclusive cognitive testing throughout patient interaction starting at the preop appointment until a year later. This will be used to create a predictive model of periooperative neurocognitive disorders.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Combination Product: Neurocognition Interventions
- At least 65 years old (inclusive)
- Non cardiac general elective surgery
- General anesthesia is expected for 2+ hours
- History of neurodegenerative diseases
- Medication for depression (ie. Benzodiazepines)
- Discretion of PI
Ages Eligible for Study
65 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study