Trial Search Results
Greenlight Plus Study: Approaches to Early Childhood Obesity Prevention
A randomized controlled trial enrolling 900 parent-infant dyads (English and Spanish speaking) comparing Greenlight (control), a behavioral intervention focusing on nutrition, physical activity, media use, and sleep as compared to Greenlight Plus (intervention) which includes the above materials plus a health information technology (HIT) intervention aimed at supporting family goal-setting and behavior change during well-child checks throughout the first 2 years of life.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Collaborator: University of Miami
- Behavioral: Greenlight Plus
- Behavioral: Greenlight
For this study, eligible caregiver/infant dyads will be those with:
1. an English- or Spanish-speaking parent/legal guardian,
2. infant born in the newborn nursery with plans to have care in the local clinic OR
presenting in that clinic for the first newborn visit (1-14 days of life),
3. attendance at first newborn clinic visit
4. no plans to leave the clinic within 2 years
5. Completion of baseline data collection (survey data, child weight and length measures
prior to randomization).
6. Own a smartphone with access to data services
Infant exclusion criteria:
1. born prior to 34 weeks gestation or birth weight <1500 grams; weight <3rd %tile at
enrollment (World Health Organization growth curves); or
2. any chronic medical problem that may affect weight gain (e.g., metabolic disease,
uncorrected congenital heart disease, renal disease, high-calorie formula; cleft
palate; Down syndrome).
Caregiver exclusion criteria include:
1. <18 years old;
2. serious mental or neurologic illness that impairs ability to consent/participate;
3. poor visual acuity (corrected vision worse than 20/50 with Rosenbaum Screener).
Ages Eligible for Study
N/A - 14 Days
Genders Eligible for Study