Trial Search Results
Validating the New Remote Hypnotic Induction Profile (rHIP)
The purpose of the study is to determine if hypnotizability can be reliably tested over the phone, without having to see or touch a patient. The scores from a new test for hypnotizability by phone will be compared to the scores from a standard in-person test, to make sure the results are similar.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Other: Hypnotizability testing
- At least 18 years old.
- Able to schedule a 15 minute in-person and phone appointment within a week of each
other, during the study period.
- Severe psychiatric or structural brain disease (ie. psychosis, stroke with functional
- Has had prior hypnotizability testing using the HIP or enrolled in another
- hearing impairment that would preclude phone interviewing
- non-English speakers
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study