Trial Search Results
Efficacy and Safety of GSK3196165 (Otilimab) Versus Placebo and Sarilumab in Participants With Moderately to Severely Active Rheumatoid Arthritis Who Have an Inadequate Response to Biological Disease-modifying Antirheumatic Drug (DMARDs) and/or Janus Kinase (JAK) Inhibitors
This study (contRAst 3 [202018: NCT04134728]) is a Phase 3, randomized, multicenter, double-blind study to assess the safety and efficacy of GSK3196165 in combination with conventional (cs) DMARD[s]) or the treatment of adult participants with moderate to severe active rheumatoid arthritis (RA) who have had an inadequate response to biologic (b) DMARD[s]) and/or JAK inhibitors. The study will consist of a screening phase of up to 6 weeks followed by 24 week treatment phase in which participants will be randomized in ratio of 6:6:6:1:1:1 to GSK3196165 150 milligrams (mg) subcutaneously (SC) weekly,GSK3196165 90 mg SC weekly, sarilumab 200 mg SC every other week or placebo (three arms) respectively, all in combination with background csDMARD(s). At Week 12, participants in the three placebo arms will switch from placebo to active intervention (either GSK3196165 150 mg SC weekly, GSK3196165 90 mg SC weekly, or sarilumab 200 mg SC every other week). Participants who, in investigator's judgement will benefit from extended treatment with GSK3196165, may be included in the long-term extension study (contRAst X [209564: NCT04333147]). Any participant who does not transition into study 209564 will undergo a safety follow-up visit at Week 34 (corresponding to 12 weeks after the last potential dose of sarilumab, at Week 22).
Stanford is currently accepting patients for this trial.
Collaborator: Iqvia Pty Ltd
- Biological: GSK3196165
- Biological: Sarilumab
- Drug: Placebo to GSK3196165/ Sarilumab
- Drug: csDMARDs
Key inclusion criteria:
- >=18 years of age
- Has had RA for >=6 months and was not diagnosed before 16 years of age
- Has active disease, as defined by having both:*
- >=6/68 tender/painful joints (tender joint count [TJC]), and
- >=6/66 swollen joints (swollen joint count [SJC])
- Has had an inadequate response despite currently taking at least one and at the most
two concomitant csDMARDs for at least 12 weeks, from the following:
- Methotrexate (MTX)
- Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine
- Has had inadequate response to at least one bDMARD at an approved dose and/or at least
one JAK inhibitors at an approved dose. In both cases this may be with or without
combination with a csDMARD.
- If surgical treatment of a joint has been performed, that joint cannot be counted
in the TJC or SJC.
Key exclusion criteria:
- Has had any active and/or recurrent infections (excluding recurrent fungal infections
of the nail bed) or has required management of acute or chronic infections.
- Has received prior treatment with an antagonist of GM-CSF or its receptor.
- Has known infection with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) or current acute or
chronic hepatitis B and/or hepatitis C.
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study