Trial Search Results
Recognition of Heart Failure With Micro Electro-Mechanical Sensors (REFLECS)
The study will test the ability a novel wearable sensor based on a smartphone app (Precordior CardioSignal app) in combination with a sensor device (Suunto Movesense sensor) to non-invasively measure cardiac motion and function.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
Collaborator: Precordior Ltd
- Age ≥ 21 years
- Able to consent in English and follow study instructions
- Patients hospitalized for heart failure with a diagnosis of HFpEF, HFrEF or PAH, as
corresponding to each target patient group
- Control patients will be enrolled from elective patients visiting the cardiology
service and who are not diagnosed with HFpEF or HFrEF.
- Severe cardiac valvular heart disease
- Previous prosthetic cardiac valve
- Pericardial disease including constrictive pericarditis or moderate or large
- Mechanical circulatory support (including ECMO, LVADs etc).
- Heart and/or lung transplant recipients
- Major adverse cardiovascular event or surgery within 6 weeks of planned study
- Patients with pacemaker
- Chest wall disease
- Pectus excavatum (severe)
- Pregnant women
- End-stage renal or liver disease
- Exclude at the clinical discretion of the Principal Investigators
- Not possible to acquire echocardiography with sufficient quality
Ages Eligible for Study
21 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study