Trial Search Results
Immunophenotyping Assessment in a COVID-19 Cohort
This surveillance study will collect detailed clinical, laboratory, and radiographic data in coordination with biologic sampling of blood and respiratory secretions and viral shedding in nasal secretions in order to identify immunophenotypic and genomic features of COVID-19 -related susceptibility and/or progression. The aim: for the results obtained from this study to assist in generating hypotheses for effective host-directed therapeutic interventions, to help to prioritize proposals for such interventions, and/or optimize timing for administration of host-response directed therapeutics.
Stanford is currently accepting patients for this trial.
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
Collaborator: Boston Children's Hospital
- Procedure: Biological sample collection
- Procedure: Data Collection: Clinical Care Assessments
Individuals who meet all of the following criteria are eligible for enrollment as study
- Participant and/or surrogate understands the data to be collected and the study
procedures and is willing to participate in the surveillance cohort as described in
the study information sheet;
- ≥ 18 years of age at the time of hospitalization; and
- Admitted to a hospital with presumptive or documented coronavirus disease 2019
(COVID-19), with confirmation of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2
(SARS-CoV-2) infection by Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR).
Individuals who meet any of these criteria are not eligible for enrollment as study
- Underlying medical problems which, in the opinion of the investigator may be
associated with mortality unrelated to COVID-19 within 48 hours of hospitalization, or
a decision by the patient or surrogate prior to hospitalization to limit care to
comfort measures; or
- Medical problems or conditions such as pregnancy which might impact interpretation of
the immunologic data obtained.
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study