Trial Search Results
ACTIV-3: Therapeutics for Inpatients With COVID-19
This study looks at the safety and effectiveness of different drugs in treating COVID-19 in people who have been hospitalized with the infection. Participants in the study will be treated with either a study drug plus current standard of care (SOC), or with placebo plus current SOC.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
- Biological: LY3819253
- Drug: Placebo
- Biological: Remdesivir
- Biological: VIR-7831
- Biological: BRII-196/BRII-198
- Biological: AZD7442
- Signed informed consent.
- Positive test for COVID-19 and progressive disease suggestive of ongoing COVID-19
- Symptoms of COVID-19 for ≤ 12 days.
- Require admission to hospital for acute medical care (not for purely public health or
- Patients who have received plasma from a person who recovered from COVID-19 or who
have received neutralizing monoclonal antibodies at any time prior to hospitalization.
- Patients not willing to abstain from participation in other COVID-19 treatment trials
until after Day 5 of the study. Co-enrollment in certain trials that compare
recommended Standard of Care treatments may be allowed, based on the opinion of the
study leadership team.
- Any condition which, in the opinion of the responsible investigator, participation
would not be in the best interest of the participant or that could prevent, limit, or
confound the protocol-specified assessments.
- Patients considered unable to participate in study procedures.
- Women of child-bearing potential who are not already pregnant at study entry and who
are unwilling to acknowledge strong advice to abstain from sexual intercourse with men
or practice appropriate contraception through 18 months of the study.
- Men who are unwilling to acknowledge the strong advice to abstain from sexual
intercourse with women of child-bearing potential or to use barrier contraception
through 18 months of the study.
- Presence at study enrollment of any of the following:
5. myocardial ischemia
8. symptomatic congestive heart failure
9. arterial or deep venous thrombosis or pulmonary embolism
- Current or imminent requirement for any of the following:
1. invasive mechanical ventilation
2. ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation)
3. Mechanical circulatory support
4. vasopressor therapy
5. commencement of renal replacement therapy at this admission (i.e. not patients on
chronic renal replacement therapy).
- Study drug VIR-7831: Pregnant and/or nursing women.
- Study drug BRII-196/BRII-198: Pregnant and/or nursing women.
- Study drug VIR-7831: Prior to initial assessment (150 participants enrolled to receive
VIR-7831, 150 participants enrolled to receive placebo), patients on high-flow oxygen
or non-invasive ventilation. These patients may be eligible for the study if the
initial assessment is passed.
- Study drug BRII-196/BRII-198: Prior to initial assessment (150 participants enrolled
to receive BRII-196/BRII-198, 150 participants enrolled to receive placebo), patients
on high-flow oxygen or non-invasive ventilation. These patients may be eligible for
the study if the initial assessment is passed.
Other investigational drug protocol-defined inclusion/exclusion criteria may apply.
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study