Trial Search Results
Zemedy Application for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
The purpose of the study is investigate the effectiveness of Zemedy, a mobile application that enables the digital delivery of a CBT program to people with IBS.
Stanford is currently accepting patients for this trial.
Collaborator: Bold Health Inc.
- Device: Use of Zemedy Application
1. Male and female patients >=18 years old.
2. Meet Rome IV criteria for IBS for at least 6 months. No restrictions on type of IBS.
3. English proficiency (in order to understand use of the application.
4. Patient must be on a stable regimen for IBS for at least 30 days.
5. Patients must own a smartphone (iOS or Android) in order to participate in the CBT
1. Laboratory or imaging evidence of an alternative explanation of patient's symptoms.
2. Active gastrointestinal disease such as Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, history
of complete colon resection, acute infection, or any disease that precludes
participation in CBT application.
3. Patient already undergoing cognitive behavioral therapy.
4. Psychiatric hospitalization within 10 years.
5. Current or past diagnosis of a major mental illness such as schizophrenia, bipolar
disorder, personality disorder or substance abuse.
6. Active (within the past 3 months) suicidal ideation.
7. Prisoners or other detained individuals.
8. Adults unable to consent.
9. Pregnant people.
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study