Trial Search Results
SZMN Blocks for Pain Control in Pediatric Patients Undergoing T&A
The suprazygomatic maxillary nerve (SZaMN) block is a well-established, safe and effective regional technique for pain management following cleft palate procedures, however, have not been studied for patients undergoing tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy (T&A) procedures. The goals of this study are to determine if SZaMN block can be utilized for pain control and decrease morbidity in pediatric patients undergoing T&A.
Stanford is currently accepting patients for this trial.
- Procedure: SZaMN Block
- Ages 0-18
- Give consent/parental consent to participate in study
- Patients undergoing tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy
- Participants who do not consent or have parental consent
- Patients who are clinically unstable or require urgent/emergent intervention
- Patients under age 6 months
Ages Eligible for Study
6 Months - 18 Years
Genders Eligible for Study