Stress Reduction During In Vitro Fertilization
The goal of this study is to determine the effect of Healing Touch (HT) on the stress, anxiety, and self-efficacy experiences of women undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVF) in a randomized, controlled design. HT is a gentle, non-invasive form of energy-balancing work that promotes relaxation.
Stanford is currently accepting patients for this trial.
- Behavioral: Healing Touch
- Behavioral: Desensitization Therapy
- Behavioral: Standard Care
Inclusion Criteria:-Age <43
- FSH <= 14
- About to enter an IVF cycle at the Stanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Center
- Planning a transfer of their own fresh embryos during this cycle
- Speak and read English fluently
Exclusion Criteria:-Diminished ovarian reserve
- Planning to freeze their embryos without embryo transfer during this cycle
- Planning to use donor eggs or embryos during this cycle
- Concomitant energy work interventions (HT, Reiki, QiGong, acupuncture) planned during
the IVF cycle.
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - 42 Years
Genders Eligible for Study