Latest1 information on COVID-19
©2022 Stanford Medicine
Trial ID: NCT00756665
Canary Prostate Active Surveillance Study
Keith and Jan Hurlbut Professor
Kathryn Simmons Stamey Professor, Emeritus
Associate Professor of Urology
- Histologically confirmed adenocarcinoma of the prostate.
- Clinically localized prostate cancer: T1-2, NX or N0, MX or M0.
- No previous treatment for prostate cancer (including hormonal therapy, radiation
therapy, surgery, or chemotherapy).
- ECOG Performance Status 0 or 1.
- Patient has elected Active Surveillance as preferred management plan for prostate
- Patient consent has been obtained according to local Institutional Review Board for
acquisition of research specimens.
- Patient is accessible and compliant for follow-up.
- Prostate biopsy requirements:
1. If diagnosis was within one year of baseline visit, participant must have at
least one biopsy with at least 10 cores.
2. If diagnosis was more than 1 year prior to baseline visit, participant must have
a minimum of 2 biopsies, one of which must be within 2 years prior to baseline
- Unwillingness or inability to undergo serial prostate biopsy.
- History of other malignancies, except: adequately treated non-melanoma skin cancer or
adequately treated superficial bladder cancer (Ta) or other solid tumors curatively
treated with no evidence of disease for > 5 years.
School of Medicine
300 Pasteur Drive
Stanford, CA 94305