Trial Search Results
A Comparison of Symbicort® pMDI 2 x 160/4.5 μg Bid and 2 x 80/4.5 μg Bid With Formoterol Turbuhaler® 2 x 4.5 μg Bid and Placebo in Patients With COPD
The purpose of this study is to compare Symbicort in a pressurized metered-dose inhaler (pMDI) with formoterol and placebo in the long-term maintenance treatment of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Drug: Budesonide/formoterol pMDI
- Drug: Formoterol Turbuhaler
- A clinical diagnosis of COPD with symptoms for more than 2 years.
- Smoking history of 10 or more pack years
- A history of at least one COPD exacerbation requiring a course of oral steroids and/or
antibiotics within 1-12 months before first visit.
- A history of asthma
- Patients taking oral steroids
- Any significant disease or disorder that may jeopardize the safety of the patient
Ages Eligible for Study
40 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study