Trial Search Results
Double-blind Placebo Controlled Study of Oxytocin in Fragile X Syndrome
The purpose of this study is to determine whether the medication oxytocin is an effective and tolerable treatment in adolescent males with fragile X syndrome (FraX) for improving socially appropriate behaviors and reducing social anxiety.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Drug: placebo
- Drug: oxytocin 24IU
- Drug: oxytocin 48IU
1. Confirmed genetic diagnosis of Fragile X (FraX) (full mutation).
2. Male (who have more serious effects due to the X chromosome nature of the disorder)
3. Age 13-29 years.
4. Parent of adolescent must be willing to sign informed consent.
5. Intelligence Quotient (IQ) > 42.
1. Cardiac risk factors.
2. Medication exclusions: opiates or opiate antagonists, corticosteroids, typical or
Ages Eligible for Study
13 Years - 29 Years
Genders Eligible for Study