Trial Search Results
Transrectal Photoacoustic Imaging of the Prostate
The purpose of this study is to image human prostate tissue using a new transrectal photoacoustic imaging probe and correlate this with ultrasound and MRI imaging performed once the specimen has been surgically removed. We hope to see what we can visualize with our device as this has never been done before. Eventually, we hope to use a similar device to image the prostate in men being seen by their doctor for prostate cancer.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Device: Photoacoustic Imaging System
- Diagnosed with clinically-localized prostate cancer
- Participant desires prostatectomy
- Patient receiving treatment at Palo Alto Veterans Administration (VA) Hospital
- Age 18 to 80 years old
- Cannot tolerate a surgical prostatectomy due to medical comorbidities
- Cannot give informed consent
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - 80 Years
Genders Eligible for Study